Start your journey on the road to becoming a professional sports massage practitioner…
The Course is structured at Level 5. It will run for 8 x once-a-month 3-day weekends, commencing on Friday 23rd March and finishing on Sunday 9th September.
Click here to download the 2018 Prospectus: Sports & Performance Diploma – 2018 Prospectus
The course programme offers a thorough exploration of movement analysis in relation to sport and physical activity. On successful completion of the diploma, the student will have an appreciation for, and knowledge of:
- Pathophysiology of sports injuries
- Applied anatomical knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, with revision of all of the body systems
- Assessment and evaluation of peripheral and vertebral joints
- Soft tissue skills to treat a range of conditions
- Clinical reasoning and problem solving
- The client consultation process and professional interrelationships
- The dynamics of the multidisciplinary team
- Onsite and event massage
- Professional practice and clinical governance
- Mobilisation techniques for peripheral and vertebral joints
- Taping and strapping
- Psychological aspects of sports injuries
During the course students will attend two compulsory clinic days to treat clients and develop their practice skills. All students will visit the anatomy lab to view pro-sections of the body. This enables the student to develop a stronger understanding of the human body and draw connections between structures.
The personal development programme includes fully documented 90 hours of give and 10 hours of receive massage.
The course is administered by continuous formative assessments – and culminates in practical and written assessments, which will take place in October
Places are limited. Entry onto the course is by interview and assessment
Course fee: £2,750. Your place is secured by payment of a non-refundable deposit of £500.
See PRICES for more info
To register your interest, please email Jennie: HERE