In this workshop you will gain visual and practical understanding of the dancers body; how to approach injury with a dancer and an insight into treatment.
Facilitated by Jenni Wren, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the Dancers
- Watch live demonstrations of dance techniques and movement phrases
- Explore the dynamics and mechanics of the dancer’s body
- Consider what dancers look for when seeking a practitioner?
And learn: –
- How to communicate with dancers – know their terminology
- How to assess the dancers body
- Understand movement function and dysfunction – and fascial assessment
- Analyse posture in relation to movement
- Explore flexibility, range of motion, postural alignment & use of breath in motion
- Assessment and examination of the abdomen/hip flexor relationship
- Treatment techniques for injuries and pathologies
- Rehabilitation techniques
- Aftercare and Exercise rehabilitation
About Jenni Wren
Jenni has studied the mechanics of the dancers’ body in depth. This, alongside her personal knowledge of the dancers’ body – and associated injury – has led to her specialism in the mechanics, diagnostics, prevention, treatment & rehabilitation for dancers and athletes.
This workshop is a must for anyone who works with dancers and/or athletes – and who wants a deeper understanding of the complex issues around injury and treatment.
Workshop fee: £75
Workshop duration: From 10am to 4pm.
Venue: The Whittington Hospital Education Centre, Highgate, N19
Course material: CPD Certificate of Attendance, 6 hours
To book your place, please complete the booking form below.