A 2 day interactive CPD training course
Hot Stone Massage is often visually depicted by attractive young women lying, smiling, on a bed of fluffy towels, with orchids in their hair and with the stones placed delicately on their back in stylish formation.
The reality of hot stone massage however is somewhat different. You use the stones as an extension of your arms & hands to physically massage the body. Therefore the quality & porosity of the stones, the level of heat attained, the physiology of your client and the ability to glide the stones across the skin are key factors in delivering the massage.
There is also a huge difference in being massaged by stones rather than hands – and whilst some love it, it is not to everyone’s taste. Being massaged by hands is a more personal experience – but the feeling after being massaged by stones, both hot & cold, can be astonishing.
It is a very individual experience – both to give and to receive. It is effective and beneficial for all ages and physiques, including teenagers and the elderly. The deep heat helps deliver additional healing to those experiencing joint & muscle discomfort.
On this 2 day course you will learn the following:
- About the Stones
- The Heating Equipment
- How to prepare the Stones
- Setting the Room
- Massage techniques using the stones, for all body areas & body types
- How to use different sized and shaped stones
- The use of oils
- Practice with the stones on all body areas
- The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Safeguarding and health care
- Guidance on buying your own stones
- Cold Stone Massage
Have a listen to a Podcast with Tutor Jennie Parke Matheson about Hot Stone Massage: Hot Stone Podcast
All course attendees must hold a Level 2, 3 or 4 Qualification in Massage and have completed a minimum of 100 hours of massage.
Maximum no of participants – 8
- The course fee is £185 with a reduced rate of £145 for MTI members.
- A deposit of £50 secures your place on the course. The balance to be paid by 1st October
VENUE & TIMES
- The venue is the Education Centre at the Whittington Hospital in Highgate. For a map and directions please go to the VENUE page
- The course hours are 10am to 5pm on both days
To enrol, please complete the booking form below:
Joining instructions and what to bring will be emailed to you the week before the workshop.