The Diploma Course is a 10-month part-time course teaching Deep Tissue Massage and A,P & P (Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology)
The 2018 Course commences Autumn 2018
Download the 2018 Prospectus here: coming soon
What are the minimum entry criteria?
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Good verbal communication skills
- An appropriate facility with hand-based skills
- A commitment to attend all course days and complete the syllabus
- To attend a Pre-Course Introduction Taster Day
How do I enrol?
- Complete the on-line booking form to attend a Pre-Course Introduction & Taster Day
- During the Taster Day you will meet the tutor team; learn the basics of practical massage and explore your shill base; discuss what will happen on the course and talk through your interests and aspirations
- You will then be sent the full course application form by email
- If you meet the course criteria you will be invited to enroll on the course
- Saturday 2nd June
- Sunday 1st July
What does it cost?
- Your investment for the 2018 Diploma Course is £2,150
- A non-refundable deposit of £300 secures your place on the course – after attending an Intro Taster Day
- The pre-course Intro Taster Day costs £75, of which £50 is redeeemable against the course fee
Payment options are:
- Option A payment in full by the start of the course
- Option B 3 x bi-monthly payments
- Option C 6 x monthly payments
Where is the course run?
Our venue for the course is the Education Centre at The Whittington Hospital in Highgate (Magdala Avenue, Highgate, N19 5NF), close by Archway tube on the Northern line. This purpose built facility provides the perfect backdrop for our training.
How is the course assessed?
We use a range of recognised assessment techniques and provide support throughout the course to ensure all students stay on track. The final assessment is of the following
- A 3 hour written paper
- A 1 hour practical assessment
- The presentation of a Professional Portfolio containing all assessed course documentation
All three are externally evaluated by MTI assessors. The written paper pass mark is 65%. To go forward to take the final written paper, students must complete a mock written paper. To go forward to the practical assessment, students must complete a mock practical.
What Qualification will I receive when I complete the course?
The Diploma Course is specifically designed to train you for a high level professional qualification. On successful completion of all course components, including passing both exam assessments, the student will be awarded the Level 4 MTI Diploma in Holistic Massage Therapy, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
How can I use the Qualification?
The MTI accredited Diploma qualifies you to set up your own practice or to seek employment with established clinics. In order to practise you must have insurance. Hands-On Training actively supports all graduates with employment opportunities and advice on how to build and manage your business.
What happens after the Course?
Once qualified, the Tutor Team at Hands-On Training are there to support you through your next steps as a working therapist. We provide supervision sessions, guidance on how to focus on and choose your CPD (Continued Professional Development) and advice on how to set up and run a business. Further CPD courses will help develop your A,P&P knowledge e.g. Muscle Energy Technique (MET) and Soft Tissue Release (STR) and workshops focussing on specific body areas, their pathologies and the most effective treatments for them.
Why Hands-on Training?
At Hands-on Training we pride ourselves on working with students to support and enhance their learning. Our specialist staff is experienced in teaching, and employs a range of methodologies to facilitate learning.
The programme is applied with a range of external events, workshops, symposia and conferences to encourage the student to gain experience and develop competencies.
We have excellent relationships with a range of industry partners who not only support our students with equipment and material needs, but are keen to engage our students with work and work opportunities.