The Principles of Massage Practice
- Client assessment
- Massage techniques including: effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, passive joint mobilisation
the range of motion testing, neuromuscular reflexes & stretches and neuromuscular therapy.
- Practical massage skills to cover ALL areas of the body.
- Decision on which techniques to use for which condition, including health, age and physical well-being
| The emphasis is on exploring technique through an evidenced based practice model.
- Massage Effectiveness
- Application of Massage for different populations and conditions
- Towel techniques: oils, waxes, lubricants and supports
- Human energy fields
- Practitioner posture and body use
- Indications and contraindications to massage
- Client consultation and record keeping
- Planning a massage treatment
- Client education
- Aftercare advice
- Interpersonal relationships
- Collation of information and pulling a treatment together
Demo at The Back Pain Show