20th & 21st October
This 2 day intensive workshop is open to massage practitioners and those who work with, and manage, athletic injuries.
It can be taken as a stand alone CPD workshop, or as the opening part of the 2019 Sports & Performance Diploma.
Over the 2 days, participants will cover the following content:
- Therapeutic Alliance
- The Consultation – understanding the importance of questions and responses
- Identification of red flags and contra-indication
- Knowing when to refer and how to write a referral letter
- Applied case studies that focus on important clinical markers for assessment, referral, treatment and rehabilitation
- Assessment and examination – including postural alignments
- Assessment to include – range of motion, palpation, observation, muscle testing, special tests, neurological assessment
- Understanding how function informs dysfunction
- Peripheral joints – comparing hand and wrist with ankle and foot – anatomy, biomechanics, structure and functional elements
- Selected sports injuries and pathologies for hand and wrist/foot and ankle
- Treatment and rehabilitation techniques for the management of the selected injuries to include soft tissue releases, mobilisations, and active mobility techniques
On completion of the workshop, participants will receive a CPD certificate and credits towards the MTI accredited Sports and Performance Diploma
Course fee: £250
MTI fee: £225
Deposit: £50 confirms your place on the course. Balance due by 1st October
To book, please complete this form: –
Hands-on Training firmly believes in making learning accessible and providing quality in training.
What students say about the training – comments from a recent workshop for an MTI regional group….
- “The workshop enabled me to build my confidence in planning treatments – and better understanding of aftercare choices”
- “The workshop presenter provided practical tuition that not only raises standards but surpasses all expectations”